Monday, June 16, 2008

God How I Miss My Days In The Navy

I was surfing through some navy oriented websites this evening and a flood of memories came back. What a great time that was......... 8 years with 5 of them at sea aboard the USS Constellation and the USS Enterprise. I made three WestPac / Indian Ocean deployments during the 1980's with each cruise lasting approximately 9 months.

Who can forget Subic Bay Philippines, Singapore, Perth, Mombassa and of course day after day after day after day on Gonzo Station. I miss my former shipmates. I miss the camaraderie.

I wish I had those days back. So many memories.........both good and bad but all never forgotten.

Rough Seas - South China Sea


Calmer Seas Somewhere in the Indian Ocean


Leaving Pearl Harbor, Hawaii


Underway in the Straits of Malacca Between
Singapore/Malaysian Penninsula and Indonesia


Inport Subic Bay Philippines





No comments: