Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Gordon Lightfoot Concert


I had forgotten just how many great songs Gordon Lightfoot had recorded over the years. I went to see him in concert at the Victory Theater in Evansville, IN last night and let me tell you it was great. The man has definitely aged over the years, but he has aged well. I first started listening to Gordon Lightfoot in the mid 70's when he was at his peak with songs such as "Sundown", "If You Could Read My Mind", "Rainy Day People" and of course his megahit "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

This was truely a relaxing and enjoyable evening and the crowd was really great. It was kind of funny looking around the theater prior to the concert at all of the now well aged 60's and 70's era crowd. Lots of gray hair and thinning hair..........lol. Quite a few left over hippies in the crowd as well. But it was fun. Check out his fan site at www.gordonlightfoot.com for his concert schedule which is updated through the beginning of next year. I highly recommend an evening with this folk music legend.

No comments: