Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Looking For Long Lost Childhood Friends

I grew up as a military brat which meant I got to see the world. It also meant I had no real roots and no real place to call a childhood home. I went to 14 schools in 12 years in multiple locations across the U.S. and in Germany. I have had some tremendous experiences, seen things that most kids had to read about in books and have some wonderful memories. All in all, I would not trade that childhood in for anything. One thing that I do lack however are childhood friends. Most military brats get used to making friends and then leaving them knowing they will probably never see them again. Now comes the world wide web and our world has gotten drastically smaller.

I would like to find some of my old childhood friends, specifically from my time at Andrews Air Force Base from 1973 to 1976. So here goes my list as best as I can remember. Most of the people in this list would be between about 43 and 50 and we all lived on Chicago Court on Andrews Air Force Base. If you see your name on this list please email contact me via the comments section with your contact info. Womens name would be maiden names as I knew them back then.

  • Gay Kleinman (Kleinman or Klineman)
  • Mike Antoskow
  • Mary Ann Lokatis (sp ?)
  • Karen Hildebrand
  • Tony Hildebrand
  • Steve Palmer (your dad was head steward on Air Force One)
There are others that I can't remember - maybe you will recognize my name, Eric Dytzel. We all went to Central Senior Highschool which was off base.

I hope this works and look forward to contacting you.......... eric

No comments: